Issues with Sitecore 8.1 Upgrade 3 - My Experience

Recently I started upgrading my Sitecore 8.1 update 1 vanilla installation to 8.1 update 3.
Everything went smooth with Update 2. However, when I started patching the config files under App_Config folder for update 3, I noticed the files which are listed in the upgrade guide are not same in the downloaded zip file

I raised a question in Sitecore community for anyone faced similar issue.
Sitecore 8.1 update-3 config file changes zip

I requested to get the correct config files if anyone already implemented it. Call it lazy or DRY :)
unfortunately didn't get any response. So, tasked to provide the updated config set myself.

So, this post is to share the App_Config files that are modified as part of Sitecore 8.1 update 3.
It should be noted that these config files are post Sitecore 8.1 update 2 installation and configuration file updates.

Here is the link app_config_files_81rev160302.zip
Link is also available form the community question posted above. I usually use Beyond Compare tool to quickly replace the files in destination after review. Same worked for me with earlier config changes. So, created the zip file for future installations.

Comments

Post a Comment