Issues with Sitecore 8.1 Upgrade 3 - My Experience # 2

After my upgrade to new Sitecore 8.1 Update 3, I faced an other issue while installing a .update package using the UpdateInstallationWizard.

After successful instillation, I received an error in the installation wizard as below "Server cannot append header.."


As you can see, this is caused by "XFrameOptionsHeaderModule". This module basically checks if the "X-Frame-Options" header is added to the response or not.

I have seen this kind of error earlier, while implementing a CustomError mvc filter. There I have used a property called "HttpResponse.HeadersWritten" to avoid this exception and write to log for tracing the behavior.

So, in order to solve the above issue in Sitecore, I have disabled the module and added a "customHeaders" as below.



This solved the problem and I was able to get on with my work.
Did you guys face similar issue too? Is there a community / stackoverflow question? Please link it. Please add comment to share if you have updates on what other ways you used to fix this issue.

Comments

  1. Yep we have the same, it is filling up the logs with those errors, but because we already had the customHeader added and Sitecore duplicates it and seems to add it too late in the request/response causing the error "Server cannot append header after HTTP headers have been sent" for all requests!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment